A study by consulting firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas reports that Mondays are the best days to terminate employees because it allows them to start looking for a job right away.
Make job offers on Thursdays because candidates need time to think, and this gives them one extra day. (If you give them the whole weekend, they may find another offer.)
Give good job reviews on Fridays. That prevents satisfied workers from “kicking back” for the rest of the week. Give poor job reviews on Mondays. This provides employees time to work out improvements during the week, instead of stewing all weekend.
- How to Write Effective and Legal Job Descriptions
- How to comply with Colorado's 3 newest workplace laws
- Did deputy go to wing joint for breasts and thighs?
- 'Pick the tomatoes off my sandwich!' Are your managers overusing the 'other duties as required' clause?
- Don't delay, even for one day! Assault allegations demand response ASAP