On July 24, the federal minimum wage will take the second step in its three-step increase. The wage floor will rise from its current $5.85 per hour to $6.55 per hour. It will rise again to $7.25 per hour beginning July 24, 2009.
More than half the states have set their own minimums, which can be found at www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm.
- Will proposed legislation put us on the financial hook for misclassified employees?
- Fiscal cliff averted: New law sets 2013 withholding rates; 'payroll tax holiday' expires
- Disciplining tardy, exempt employees
- Can we require workers to pay for their uniforms?
- Can employee who resigned collect unemployment?