If Alexander Acosta is confirmed as the nation’s 27th secretary of labor—it’s considered likely—he will join some illustrious company:
- The first labor secretary, William Wilson (1913–1921), was an accomplished poet.
- Arthur Goldberg (1961–1962) went on to become a Supreme Court justice and United Nations ambassador.
- Frances Perkins (1933–1945) was the longest serving secretary of labor and the nation’s first female cabinet secretary.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Firing OK if employee falsely claims harassment
- Grand Rapids finds the legal costs alone can kill you
- What's the Minnesota law on confidentiality agreements? Are they enforceable?
- You can trim health benefits for Medicare-eligible retirees