The U.S. Department of Justice has settled a sexual harassment lawsuit with North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University for $57,000. The university will pay $29,000 to Tasha Murray and $26,000 to Mattie Smith for sexual harassment they endured while working in the university’s Department of Police and Public Safety.
The court found that a male supervisor sexually harassed Murray and Smith, and the university failed to stop the harassment.
In addition to paying damages, the university agreed to revise its sexual harassment policies and provide training.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- IRS tilts new vehicle deductions toward taxpayers
- Independent contractors, others can be plan beneficiaries
- NYC car washers clean up with $4.7 million in OT settlements
- Office love affair plus sales tips lead straight to court