Q. With Valentine’s Day around the corner and love in the air, I think it would be an opportune time to convince our employee to take her husband’s last name.
A. The California Fair Employment and Housing Act prohibits employers from forcing married women in the workplace—either applicants or employees—to use their husband’s name.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- It pays to hear both sides of the story before a firing
- When worker claims bias or harassment: document, investigate and communicate
- Are you ill prepared? 13 steps to stay ahead of the H1N1 virus
- Disorganization: Union membership falls to all-time low