Q. With Valentine’s Day around the corner and love in the air, I think it would be an opportune time to convince our employee to take her husband’s last name.
A. The California Fair Employment and Housing Act prohibits employers from forcing married women in the workplace—either applicants or employees—to use their husband’s name.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't leave victim in doubt about response to harassment
- The Star Profile: 13 steps to becoming a better boss
- H1N1 virus alert: Complying with the ADA during an emergency
- Senate votes "No!" but Obama NLRB appointee could still force you to unionize