1. The deadline for employers to begin using the new ‘smart’ I-9 Form was:
a. Jan. 2
b. Jan. 22
c. Feb. 2
2. Employers in which U.S. region are most likely to say they’ll be hiring full-time permanent employees in 2017?
3. Due to an IRS extension, employers don’t have to give employees Affordable Care Act information forms (Form 1095) until:
a. March 15
b. Feb. 2
c. March 2
4. At large U.S. organizations, employees in which position, on average, are paid the most among these three?
a. Chief HR officer
b. Chief technology officer
c. Chief marketing officer
5. One-quarter of jobs are filled by internal candidates. Which group is more likely to hire internally?
a. Government employers
b. Private, for-profit employers
6. Paidis limited to a woman’s first five pregnancies in which country?
Sources: 1. www.theHRSpecialist.com/newI-9 2. CareerBuilder.com survey 3. The HR Specialist 4. Chief Executive Group survey 5. Society for Human Resources 6. DLA Piper report
Answers: 1. b 2. d 3. c 4. c 5. a 6. a
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What is our recourse when a worker withholds medical information?
- Drinking at work: Don't raise a glass to new trend
- Rest easier tonight! You can't be held personally liable for Title VII violations
- Confidential customer lists may be trade secrets even if the names are available elsewhere