1. On July 24, the federal minimum wage will take the second step of its three-step increase. It will rise from its current $5.85 per hour to:
a. $6.55 b. $6.75 c. $6.85
2. What’s the No. 1 reason employees say they go to work when they’re sick?
a. Saving my sick days for child care or elder care emergencies
b. Other people depending on me at work
c. Too much work to do
3. Percentage of CEOs and HR compensation execs who say their organizations are freezing (or considering freezing) base salaries due to the economic downturn:
a. 11% b. 24% c. 30%
4. The three most common types of job discrimination complaints filed by U.S. employees (in order) are:
a. Age, sex, race
b. Race, retaliation, sex
c. Race, age, retaliation
5. States with the highest (first) and lowest (second) unemployment rates in the United States:
a. Michigan, South Dakota
b. Alaska, Nebraska
c. California, New Mexico
6. Number of states that didn’t pass any new labor or employment laws in 2007:
a. 12 b. 4 c. 0
7. U.S. employees stay with the same employer an average of four years. How does that job tenure rank compared to 16 major European countries?
b. Middle (Italy is first at eight years)
c. Last (Greece is first at 13 years)
Sources: 1. DOL; 2. LifeCare survey; 3. Hay Group survey; 4. EEOC; 5. BLS; 6. Seyfarth Shaw; 7. OECD study
Answers: 1. A 2. B 3. C 4. B 5. A 6. B (Ark., Miss., Pa., S.C.) 7. C
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/4798/the-hr-iq-test-may-08 "