Balances in health savings accounts grew by more than a third in 2015, according to the most recent results from theResearch Institute’s HSA Database.
The third annual update of the EBRI HSA database shows that at year-end 2015 (the latest data available), the average HSA balance was $1,844, up from $1,332 at the beginning of the year.
A health savings account is a tax-exempt trust or custodial account that is funded with contributions and assets that an individual can use to pay for health care expenses. Individuals can contribute to an HSA only if they are enrolled in an HSA-eligible health plan.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Merely worrying about pay cut doesn't justify quitting
- Déjà Vu owners should have seen dancers' FLSA claim coming
- The EEOC's new initiatives for 2008: All talk … or a real threat?
- Questions and answers about California's new Paid Sick Leave law