A former employee of St. Petersburg-based Home Shopping Network (HSN) has filed suit against the company, alleging race discrimination. Armanda Vernon claims HSN passed her over repeatedly for promotions because she is black, even after she convinced company President Mindy Grossman to intervene.
The lawsuit alleges a pattern of discrimination, noting that only about a dozen of the company’s 3,500 employees are black.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Thwart retaliation claims by documenting your rationale for handling of original complaint
- Enforce e-mail usage rules--if only to avoid PR nightmare
- Firing for poor work or rule breaking? Clear business reason will beat lawsuit
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Just Too Pooped to Work?