A former employee of St. Petersburg-based Home Shopping Network (HSN) has filed suit against the company, alleging race discrimination. Armanda Vernon claims HSN passed her over repeatedly for promotions because she is black, even after she convinced company President Mindy Grossman to intervene.
The lawsuit alleges a pattern of discrimination, noting that only about a dozen of the company’s 3,500 employees are black.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/4789/hsn-hit-with-discrimination-suit "
- How to cash in on the new pension law
- HR law 101: Always follow up with employee who has filed internal discrimination complaint
- Be wary of disciplining for false complaints
- Turnabout is fair pay: EEOC broke overtime law
- Refer to the rule book: Hiring and promotion policies belong in your employee handbook