A former employee of St. Petersburg-based Home Shopping Network (HSN) has filed suit against the company, alleging race discrimination. Armanda Vernon claims HSN passed her over repeatedly for promotions because she is black, even after she convinced company President Mindy Grossman to intervene.
The lawsuit alleges a pattern of discrimination, noting that only about a dozen of the company’s 3,500 employees are black.
- The innocent question that could land you in court: When did you graduate?
- Wear kid gloves with accommodation requests; they are 'protected activity'
- Short illness does not an ADA disability make
- Don't let managers fly solo on terminations
- Go ahead and trim the tree--while keeping your party liability-free