Following reports that more than 8,000 state employees are “double dipping”—collecting a pension while returning to work to collect a state salary—some lawmakers have tried to stop the practice.
Another 131 state employees are said to be triple dipping, collecting two pensions plus a salary.
With support from police unions, a Florida Senate panel has passed a bill that would ban double dipping by police officers. The bill would prohibit officers from retiring and then returning to a similar job under a private employer.
Other bills are pending that would prohibit elected officials from simultaneously drawing a pension and a salary.
- Use workers' compensation policy checklist to avoid retaliation lawsuits
- OK to reject applicant who volunteers that disability can't be accommodated
- Focus on facts when promoting; avoid subjective 'Better qualified' justification
- Don't court lawsuit by allowing early clock-ins
- Cable installers will split $270,000 in back overtime pay