Following reports that more than 8,000 state employees are “double dipping”—collecting a pension while returning to work to collect a state salary—some lawmakers have tried to stop the practice.
Another 131 state employees are said to be triple dipping, collecting two pensions plus a salary.
With support from police unions, a Florida Senate panel has passed a bill that would ban double dipping by police officers. The bill would prohibit officers from retiring and then returning to a similar job under a private employer.
Other bills are pending that would prohibit elected officials from simultaneously drawing a pension and a salary.
- Review arbitration clause for class-action provision
- Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act
- 'Misconduct' makes employees ineligible for unemployment benefits
- Disabled former employees can't recover benefits under ADA unless they seek rehire
- Call your attorney! Confidentiality agreements aren't a do-it-yourself project