Regardless of what happens at the national level, New York employers could be facing higher salary thresholds for exempt workers. They are also confronting a new workplace challenge: the distraction of legal fantasy sports betting.
New York proposes higher exempt salary level
Don’t start celebrating the recent decision to block the federal Department of Laborjust yet. The New York State Department of Labor has important news of its own about higher salary levels for .
The NYDOL recently proposed significant changes to the salary threshold applicable to exempt executive and administrative employees in New York State, changes all New York employers should be aware of.
Both state and federal law regulate exempt status. To be exempt, an employee must satisfy the requisite tests under both.
While employers were preparing for changes at the federal level that were supposed to go into effect ...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- For pay statements, does 'total hours worked' include vacation and PTO?
- Michigan Youth Employment Standards Act
- FMLA leave expired? Be equitable when firing
- Set up standard process for responding to accommodations requests--and use it every time