Cases ranged from the relatively small to the staggeringly large. A Florida painting contractor was fined $21,000 for sloppy record keeping. Nationwide workout chain Life Time Fitness forked over $977,000 because it failed to pay the minimum wage to some 15,000 employees in 26 states.
“The U.S. Department of Labor takes its responsibility to ensure workers receive the wages they have earned very seriously,” said Karen Chaikin, regional administrator for the DOL’s Wage and Hour Division in Chicago. Indeed.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Trial likely in ADA suit against Hibbing Taconite
- Straight from SHRM: E is for evidence when it comes to email
- Take-it-or-leave-it arbitration clause is fine if the underlying agreement is fair
- Ohio Supreme Court limits 'Voluntary abandonment' doctrine