Median annual base pay in the United States grew 3.1% year over year in November to $51,372. According to Glassdoor Economic Research, that’s the largest year-over-year increase since 2013, and a substantial increase from October’s 2.8% growth.
California led the way among major metropolitan areas studied. Glassdoor reported that wages in San Francisco grew 4% year over year to a median base pay of $65,280, while pay in Los Angeles notched the highest percentage increase: 4.3% to $58,973.
Houston went the other way, with wage growth decelerating 1% to $54,173.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- HR & the recession: 7 trends, 7 solutions
- When high-level harassment erupts, act fast to prevent even worse legal trouble
- With new law, Philadelphia jumps on pay equity bandwagon
- Check your records! Some old pay-bias cases get new life under Ledbetter law