1. Under the new rules which were to take effect Dec. 1 before a temporary injunction put them on hold, the revised overtime salary threshold ($47,476) would automatically be increased every _____.
a. 2 years
b. 3 years
c. 5 years
2. The percentage of employers saying they plan to give year-end bonuses to employees in 2016 has:
a. increased from 2015
b. decreased from 2015
3. What’s the most common mistake people make when applying for jobs?
a. Don’t include cover letter with résumé
b. Don’t find out hiring manager’s name and personalize the contact info
c. Don’t send thank you notes after interview
4. In 2016, the maximum fine for a Form I-9 violation nearly doubled to ____ per violation.
5. A new anti-fraud law says employers must file copies of employees’ Form W-2 with the Social Security Administration by:
a. Jan. 31
b. Feb. 15
c. March 15
6. Reaching a 10-year high, the percentage of employees testing positive in employer-run drug tests hit ___ this year.
Sources: 1. U.S. Department of Labor 2. SHRM survey 3. CareerBuilder survey 4. USCIS 5. IRS 6. Quest Diagnostics
Answers: 1. b 2. a 3. b 4. c 5. a 6. a