Terminating an employee is probably the hardest thing an HR professional has to do—and the most legally dangerous. To handle terminations well, you need to keep calm, communicate your message without escalating the tension and stick to a plan. Here’s a 10-step course of action ...
- Got leaders? Ask a jury of their peers
- Determine if mental condition actually impairs
- Whaddya bet a lawyer didn't write these work rules?
- Government employer alert: Firing because of spouse's comments is unconstitutional
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Online-Only Handbooks: a risky legal proposition