Walmart is giving thousands of assistant managers a pay bump in advance of newrequiring overtime pay for employees who work more than 40 hours per week and make less than $47,476 per year.
Annual starting pay for assistant managers in Walmart stores and corporate departments including HR will increase from $45,000 to $48,500.
That’s one strategy for complying with the new OT rules, which take effect Dec. 1. Others include paying overtime for hours worked in excess of 40 per week or forbidding employees to work any overtime hours.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Use two-Pronged approach to protect against harassment
- Health & safety: Understanding North Carolina's OSHA law
- Must you grant diabetic employees extra breaks as a disability accommodation?
- Should we forbid supervisors from becoming their subordinates' friend on Facebook?