The owner of document
The Long Beach, Calif., company started a competitive sailing team last summer. The sailing crew is made up of employees from several departments, including company executives.
Employees who sail get to know each other, explains Michael Dwane, a regional manager involved in organizing the sailing team. “You’re talking sailing but you’re talking life, you’re talking company lessons,” Dwane says. “It’s not just about being competitive; it’s about opening new horizons, experiencing new things, bonding as a company.”
About 10% of the company’s 200 employees are part of the Flying Fiche’s sailing crew for this season’s nearly 30 days of racing. Laserfiche equips employees with their sailing supplies, including gloves and sailing shoes.
Contact: Michael Dwane at (562) 988-1688
- OMG, TWD is nothing to LOL about; Set a policy to stop 'Texting while driving'
- Before reacting, consider the outcome
- Look beyond employee's VA disability status to determine if he's disabled under ADA or state law
- Playing favorites: How to avoid unintended partiality in decisions, reviews
- Watch out for retaliation—even if employee never made formal discrimination complaint