Q. There is an employee in our company who repeatedly comes in to work with injuries obviously suffered at the hand of her spouse. As an employer, do we have an obligation to alert authorities about at-home physical abuse of an employee?
A. No, you are not legally obligated to alert authorities. If you choose to do so, be careful not to jump to conclusions. You may want to give the employee information about your , if you have one.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Any negative comments about work injury may lead to lawsuit
- It's OK to punish drunk worker for misconduct, but not for his disability
- 3 federal tests: Are workers employees or independent contractors?
- Cost-sharing skyrockets as health premiums rise