Q. There is an employee in our company who repeatedly comes in to work with injuries obviously suffered at the hand of her spouse. As an employer, do we have an obligation to alert authorities about at-home physical abuse of an employee?
A. No, you are not legally obligated to alert authorities. If you choose to do so, be careful not to jump to conclusions. You may want to give the employee information about your , if you have one.
- Prevent 'Survivor syndrome': Avoid turnover after layoffs
- The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act finally becomes law
- Benefits 101: Understanding fundamental ERISA compliance
- Street Smarts: Your peers weigh in with 5 real-world comp & benefits solutions
- Got Milk? Understand the Link Between Federal & State Breastfeeding Laws