Q. There is an employee in our company who repeatedly comes in to work with injuries obviously suffered at the hand of her spouse. As an employer, do we have an obligation to alert authorities about at-home physical abuse of an employee?
A. No, you are not legally obligated to alert authorities. If you choose to do so, be careful not to jump to conclusions. You may want to give the employee information about your , if you have one.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Personnel files: Organize your paper trail to minimize legal risks
- Unreported tips could spell high workers' compensation payout
- Good sense or meddling? Scotts' no-Smoking policy tested in court
- New federal tax law delivers benefits changes