Q. There is an employee in our company who repeatedly comes in to work with injuries obviously suffered at the hand of her spouse. As an employer, do we have an obligation to alert authorities about at-home physical abuse of an employee?
A. No, you are not legally obligated to alert authorities. If you choose to do so, be careful not to jump to conclusions. You may want to give the employee information about your , if you have one.
- Personnel records: What to store, when to shred ... and 7 laws you must comply with
- 7 steps to increase the use of voluntary benefits
- Respond to unemployment comp notices right away
- Collective bargaining terms mean no unemployment comp for pregnant employees
- HR after the mid-terms: What's Washington going to do?