Stephen A. H. Keefer, former director of information technology for Pennsylvania’s House Democratic Caucus, has filed a
Keefer was one of seven caucus staffers ousted in the infamous “Tuesday Massacre” of November 2007, which came in the wake of allegations that DeWeese had handed out bonuses in exchange for political campaign work.
Keefer, who received a bonus of more than $17,600, says his firing was merely a way to divert attention away from DeWeese’s misdeeds. He is seeking back wages, future income and more than $27,000 in unused vacation, sick and personal leave.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Worker fired for breaking policy: Chasing thieves
- 4 employment law lessons from the courts
- Back RIF decisions with sound fiscal reasons--and prepare to explain them in court
- No separate Ohio wrongful-discharge claim for disability discrimination