Whether or not you’re actively job hunting, it pays to ratchet up your professional image outside your office. (After all, you never know who might google your name.)
For that, the e-portfolio can be your most powerful tool. It’s a collection of work published online to showcase your skills and accomplishments.
Tools to use: Create an e-portfolio using blog or wiki software. Both Blogger (www.blogger.com) and PBWiki (www.pbwiki.com) are free.
Ready to put one together? Follow these five tips from Kelly Driscoll, co-founder of the e-portfolio service Digication:
1. Keep it brief, like a great résumé. Provide clear, direct information about you, your work and your achievements, and then link to full descriptions and examples.
2. Help viewers find key information with the fewest clicks possible. You don’t want them to miss seeing your best work because it’s buried in too much information.
3. Use keywords throughout your e-portfolio to make sure it pops up during searches. Tip: Link to related web sites, resources and professional organizations to increase its searchability. Remember to include the web address of your e-portfolio on your résumé.
4. Make sure you shine through. Your e-portfolio should be unique. Just don’t forget to use a readable font and avoid using files that are bulky to download (no more than 2 MB to 5 MB).
5. Keep it clean. Reread your e-portfolio until you’re certain it’s free of grammatical and spelling errors.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/4678/how-to-get-your-e-portfolio-ready-for-google "