Think for a minute: How’s the ROI on your employee referral program (ERP)?
If you can’t name one great ERP-related hire in the past five months, that’s not a good sign. As a result, it may be time to jump on a more modern method of sparking internal recruiting—turning certain employees into “talent scouts” for your organization.
Basically, it would be a largely volunteer effort in which qualified employees are selected to become designated scouts who recruit in their spare time. They’re chosen as scouts based on their performance, their passion for the organization, their jobs and their access to a network of potential candidates.
This more targeted recruiting tactic differs from traditional ERPs in several key areas:
- Limited participation. Employees are screened and selected to ensure that the right people are spreading your recruiting message. It’s not open to everyone.
- Formal training. A designate...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Evenly enforce policy prohibiting employee fraternization
- Can you fire over Facebook? NLRB rules posts are protected
- Google keeps the cool tools coming: 4 smart add-ons
- Snoopy co-workers and other busybodies