Think for a minute: How’s the ROI on your employee referral program (ERP)?
If you can’t name one great ERP-related hire in the past five months, that’s not a good sign. As a result, it may be time to jump on a more modern method of sparking internal recruiting—turning certain employees into “talent scouts” for your organization.
Basically, it would be a largely volunteer effort in which qualified employees are selected to become designated scouts who recruit in their spare time. They’re chosen as scouts based on their performance, their passion for the organization, their jobs and their access to a network of potential candidates.
This more targeted recruiting tactic differs from traditional ERPs in several key areas:
- Limited participation. Employees are screened and selected to ensure that the right people are spreading your recruiting message. It’s not open to everyone.
- Formal training. A designate...(register to read more)
- Employers preparing for swine flu's second wave
- Do you have employees covered by USERRA? Warning: You could be personally liable for bias
- How do you define specific and measurable performance goals for administrative support personnel?
- Exit interviews bare big problems
- Turn slackers into stars! How to spark the turnaround