More than a quarter of employers say they’ve fired employees for misusing e-mail, and one-third have fired workers for misusing the Internet, according to an annual American
A great majority of Internet-related firings (84%) involved employees accessing porn or other inappropriate content on company time. The survey said 45% of employers track employees’ content, keystrokes and time spent at the keyboard. Twelve percent monitor blogs to track what’s being said about the company.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Poor performance or disability discrimination? Keep good records to prove you're not biased
- How to Solve Your Employee Absentee Problem
- OSHA adds teeth to protective equipment standards
- Honest investigation all that's required