More than a quarter of employers say they’ve fired employees for misusing e-mail, and one-third have fired workers for misusing the Internet, according to an annual American
A great majority of Internet-related firings (84%) involved employees accessing porn or other inappropriate content on company time. The survey said 45% of employers track employees’ content, keystrokes and time spent at the keyboard. Twelve percent monitor blogs to track what’s being said about the company.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- OK to take your time probing misconduct--that won't affect unemployment claim
- Sick employee riffed? Beware ERISA lawsuit
- DOL awards Texas $15 million for Hurricane Ike recovery
- Scheduling workplace holidays for 2007