The man’s allegations focus on how he was treated by colleagues.
He claims one co-worker once told him to “go back to Greece” and another introduced him to students as “the little Greek guy.” His lawsuit seeks reinstatement, back pay and other damages.
Note: Offhand comments about a person’s ethnic background or national origin can provide fodder for litigation. The court will look at whether he was treated differently than similarly situated employees in its analysis of whether the university actually discriminated against him or not.
- No simultaneous challenges in state and federal courts for workers' comp cases
- Setting policies for covering employees' electronic communications
- Take steps to stop pervasive anti-female attitudes, practices
- It serves no purpose: Keep references to employees' ages out of official documents
- EEOC: Bias based on sexual orientation is illegal