Getting to work on time isn’t always easy. You never know what will get in the way of your morning routine. For example, problems with Homeland Security, Vaseline and loose cattle kept some employees running late, according to a new survey by CareerBuilder.
When more than 2,500 hiring and HR managers were asked about the most outrageous excuses employees offered for being late, these stood out:
- I thought of quitting today, but then decided not to, so I came in late.
- I was detained by Homeland Security.
- I had to chase my cows back into the field.
- A black bear entered my carport and decided to take a nap on the hood of my car.
- My lizard had to have emergency surgery in the morning and died during surgery. I had to mourn while deciding whether to have the lizard disposed of by the vet or bring the lizard corpse with me to work.
- There was fresh powder on the hill. I had to go skiing.
- All of my clothes were stolen.
- I was confused by the time change and unsure if it was “spring forward” or “fall back.”
- A Vaseline truck overturned on the highway and cars were slipping left and right.
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette No matches