1. Congress recently approved a one-year extension to _______, the online program that verifies applicants’ immigration status.
2. A 2011 SHRM survey found that 55% of employers run drug tests on all potential employees. How did that number change in a 2015 survey?
a. Fell below 50%
b. Increased to 63%
c. Stayed the same
3. During the past 15 years, what type of employment lawsuits have increased by more than 450% in federal courts?
a. Age discrimination
4. What’s the new salary level proposed by the U.S. Department of Labor above which “highly compensated” employees would not be eligible for overtime pay?
5. This document is set to expire on March 31, and the feds have proposed a new “smart” online version of it:
a. Form I-9
b. COBRA notice
6. What percentage of workers characterize their current work-life balance as either “good” or “very good”?
Sources: 1. USCIS.gov; 2. Society for Human Resourcesurvey; 3. Seyfarth Shaw report; 4. U.S. Department of Labor; 5. Tinyurl.com/i-9dhs; 6. Robert Half Management survey.
Answers: 1. b 2. a 3. b 4. c 5. a 6. c
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When worker may have broken rules, conduct independent investigation to confirm suspicions
- What does California's new law mean for our dress and grooming policy?
- Employers of choice for older workers
- Dirty Dozen: 12 manager mistakes that spark lawsuits