If you haven’t thought about using Tumblr to promote your business, think again. The microblog platform grew leaps and bounds in 2015 and that growth is expected to continue. Tumblr blogs offer you a big SEO boost and one more popular way to connect with people. Here’s how to make Tumblr work for your business:
- Choose a look that reflects your brand. You want the theme, background, colors and so on to coordinate with your logo, website and overall brand message.
- Reblog fan’s content. Don’t rely solely on reblogged content, but when a fan’s image is consistent with your brand, share it. That recognizes your followers and provides you with great content.
- Forget about real-time marketing. One-third of the engagement on Tumblr occurs one month after it is posted, says Lee Brown, Tumblr’s global head of brand partnerships. Save timely or urgent posts for Facebook and Twitter, and use evergreen content on Tumblr.
- Take it easy with hashtags. As with all social media platforms, don’t overuse hashtags. Too many will look spammy and distract readers from your images. Plus, make sure you are only using hashtags people are inclined to search.
- Respond to questions. Probably one of the best aspects of Tumblr is that it allows people to send blog owners questions that they can answer publicly. It offers you a way to build engagement and connect with customers. Just make sure you respond in a timely fashion.
—Adapted from “The Do’s and Don’ts of Marketing Your Brand on Tumblr,” Stephanie Wharton, Curalate, blog.curalate.com.