Q. Can an employee be required to use
A. Yes. An employee is not required to use any specific language, or even mention the , to invoke leave rights under the FMLA. In addition, the regulations implementing the FMLA provide that an employer may waive an employee’s requirements, including the requirement of a certification signed by the employee’s medical care provider.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Intermittent-Leave Abuse? Double-Check Facts Before You Act
- It's OK to address earlier performance problems after employee returns from FMLA leave
- Hacked! Limiting employer liability for breaches of employee data
- Working for a sloppily run business