Q. Can an employee be required to use
A. Yes. An employee is not required to use any specific language, or even mention the , to invoke leave rights under the FMLA. In addition, the regulations implementing the FMLA provide that an employer may waive an employee’s requirements, including the requirement of a certification signed by the employee’s medical care provider.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Seeking more information so employers can plan around intermittent FMLA leave
- If employee can't return from FMLA leave, it's not interference to terminate
- 3 federal tests: Are workers employees or independent contractors?
- Know employee's diagnosis? Don't assume FMLA