Q. Can an employee be required to use
A. Yes. An employee is not required to use any specific language, or even mention the , to invoke leave rights under the FMLA. In addition, the regulations implementing the FMLA provide that an employer may waive an employee’s requirements, including the requirement of a certification signed by the employee’s medical care provider.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What are our notice requirements for responding to an employee's FMLA request?
- Focus on performance--not attendance--when firing employee who used FMLA
- 'Paid time off' bank <br/> avoids sick-leave policing
- SF Chronicle employees ratify contract concessions