Fortune magazine recently published its 2008 list of “100 Best Companies to Work For,” and four companies headquartered in Ohio made the list.
Ohio Health, of Columbus, ranked 18th nationally, in part for its comprehensive employee reward systems. J.M. Smucker, of Orrville, ranked 47th, earning high marks for . Portsmouth-based Southern Ohio Medical Center, with a strong focus on patient caregiving, came in 75th in the nation. Superior retention also helped Sherwin-Williams, based in Cleveland, earn 98th place.
National Instruments, with a location in Cleveland, and Vision Service Plan, with a Columbus facility, also made the list.
Fortune considered such factors as job growth, pay, turnover, benefits, treatment of women and minorities, and culture in selecting the top employers of 2008. To see the full report, visit http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/2008.
- HR certification: Is it worth it? If so, which one should you pursue?
- If you use a job application kiosk, warn applicants that lying is a crime
- Self-administered benefits plan? Make sure your records are impeccable
- 6 good tax reasons to hire your spouse
- 8 guidelines for recognizing and rewarding employees