Gen Y employees love to communicate electronically, but remember: They still can be swayed by the power of the handwritten note.
Example: A highly coveted college grad who was snagged by ExxonMobil recently said the turning point was a “Thanks for interviewing with us” handwritten note from one of the company’s top dogs. The candidate was equally impressed with the written “Welcome to the team” letter he received days after accepting.
- New laws for a new year: Illinois employers face new credit check, wage payment requirements
- New law: Safe haven when hiring people with criminal histories
- Think twice before hiring your kids right out of college
- Payroll goes totally paperless, saving time and money
- Sexual harassment: Your best game plan is prevention