Gen Y employees love to communicate electronically, but remember: They still can be swayed by the power of the handwritten note.
Example: A highly coveted college grad who was snagged by ExxonMobil recently said the turning point was a “Thanks for interviewing with us” handwritten note from one of the company’s top dogs. The candidate was equally impressed with the written “Welcome to the team” letter he received days after accepting.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't fight reservist reinstatement: You'll lose
- Remind managers: No comments on workers hiring lawyers
- Encouraging diversity: Lessons from Supreme Court's affirmative-action rulings
- Dollars attract summer interns, but experience keeps them