Gen Y employees love to communicate electronically, but remember: They still can be swayed by the power of the handwritten note.
Example: A highly coveted college grad who was snagged by ExxonMobil recently said the turning point was a “Thanks for interviewing with us” handwritten note from one of the company’s top dogs. The candidate was equally impressed with the written “Welcome to the team” letter he received days after accepting.
- Association discrimination covers friends, not just family
- Supremes start work: 3 employment law cases on High Court docket this year
- Transportation Companies Face New Drug-Testing Requirements, Starting on Aug. 25
- Beware bias peril built into applicant tests
- 'Overqualified' applicants: 3 hiring myths to overcome