More than 85% of USAA’s employees have signed up for its
The company’s 22,000 employees get up to $400 a year for wellness-related expenses such as fitness equipment, gym memberships and weight programs.
Employees who use the organization’s on-site fitness centers get half-price memberships if they show up at least twice a week. Others spend their breaks walking on the 1.75-mile indoor walking course at the San Antonio headquarters or on outdoor trails.
“We think about investing in and protecting employees,” says Wellness Director Dr. Peter Wald. “This wellness program is part of our overall approach to investing in employees.”
Contact: Dr. Peter Wald, through the organization’s web site, www.usaa.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Facing RIF, employees must show initiative
- Jump in, solve problems
- Make sure employees understand policy and process for reporting sexual harassment
- Add HIV/AIDS education and counseling to EAP offerings