1. Under the WARN Act, employers with 100 or more workers must give employees how much advance notice of mass layoffs and plant closings?
a. 60 days
b. 90 days
c. 120 days
2. What do U.S. employees say has the greatest impact on their level of happiness in the workplace?
a. Their co-workers
b. Their compensation
c. Their day-to-day tasks
3. The U.S. Department of Justice just delayed until 2018 the release of new ADA guidance relating to disabled people’s access to:
a. Workplace restrooms
c. Company websites
4. During job interviews, what two topics, in order, do job candidates most often ask hiring managers about?
a. Salary, benefits
b. Advancement potential, corporate culture
c. Job responsibilities, salary
5. Which country recently established a single national daily minimum wage?
6. For the past dozen years in a row, the injury rate in U.S. workplaces has _______from the previous year:
a. Increased or stayed the same
b. Decreased or stayed the same
Sources: 1. U.S. Department of Labor; 2. Deloitte survey; 3. Morgan Lewis report; 4. Accountemps survey; 5. SHRM; 6. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Answers: 1. a 2. a 3. c 4. c 5. b 6. b