CareerBuilder.com is helping its 2,400 employees build their own careers with an Ideas from Everywhere contest. Employees submit business proposals for programs that the organization could add, says HR Director Jade Augustine.
The contest “really embraces our entrepreneurial energy and purpose,” Augustine says. “If you have a great idea, present it to us. It could be the next division of CareerBuilder.”
When an employee wins a contest, the company creates a new department to develop the idea and anoints the winner as its manager. “They’re responsible for hiring the resources they need to get this idea off the ground and running,” Augustine says.
Winners since 2006 have started a magazine and an online education program.
Contact: Theresa Chu at Theresa.Chu@careerbuilder.com.
- Internships aren't 'free labor' if they violate the FLSA
- Don't delay, even for one day! Assault allegations demand response ASAP
- EEOC issues employer best practices on work/family balance
- Inject more oversight, responsibility into flex schedules
- General Mills, Mayo Clinic on Fortune 'best companies' list