CareerBuilder.com is helping its 2,400 employees build their own careers with an Ideas from Everywhere contest. Employees submit business proposals for programs that the organization could add, says HR Director Jade Augustine.
The contest “really embraces our entrepreneurial energy and purpose,” Augustine says. “If you have a great idea, present it to us. It could be the next division of CareerBuilder.”
When an employee wins a contest, the company creates a new department to develop the idea and anoints the winner as its manager. “They’re responsible for hiring the resources they need to get this idea off the ground and running,” Augustine says.
Winners since 2006 have started a magazine and an online education program.
Contact: Theresa Chu at Theresa.Chu@careerbuilder.com.
- Exhibit A: Avoid the 3 most common documentation mistakes
- Forget about using temps to dodge Obamacare's employer mandate
- If pay varies widely, document rationale for disparity
- Coping with seriously ill employees and inquisitive co-workers
- Reporting requirements under the Georgia New Hire Reporting Program