If you know which social media platforms are popular, you can use that knowledge to help you get ahead in your career. Here are the top five social media tools you should limit yourself to:
1. Instagram. This photo-based social media tool can help you establish your visual brand.
2. Snapchat. Millennials use Snapchat to communicate with each other, so start using it to your advantage.
3. LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a fantastic networking tool. If you’re employed, you should have a LinkedIn account.
4. Facebook. It’s better to use Facebook to get an idea of what other people are reading and sharing, rather than worrying about your personal brand.
5. Tumblr. Tumblr is great for establishing a visual platform. It is better equipped as a storytelling platform.
— Adapted from “The New Rules of Social: What to Master and What to Ditch to Get Ahead,” Amy Elisa Jackson, Levo.