• Jan. 1 is the effective date for Executive Order 13658, which sets a $10.15 per hour minimum wage for employees working on or in connection with covered contracts. The required minimum wage that generally must be paid to tipped employees performing work on or in connection with covered contracts is $5.85 per hour.
• Executive Order 13665 takes effect Jan. 11, prohibiting discrimination against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss or disclose their own compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Arbitration agreement silent on class actions? Then, court says, they're not allowed
- Tell managers: No paternalistic protection allowed
- NLRB ambush election rule upheld by 5th Circuit
- Staff sour on union? Let NLRB handle decertification vote