• Jan. 1 is the effective date for Executive Order 13658, which sets a $10.15 per hour minimum wage for employees working on or in connection with covered contracts. The required minimum wage that generally must be paid to tipped employees performing work on or in connection with covered contracts is $5.85 per hour.
• Executive Order 13665 takes effect Jan. 11, prohibiting discrimination against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss or disclose their own compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Discipline worker who complained of bias--if warranted and consistent with past practice
- Checklist: 15 questions to ask employees in their first 60 days
- Institution has last word for state higher-ed whistle-blower
- Tollway EEO officer claims punishment after complaints