A California District Court has given preliminary approval to a proposed $16 million settlement by Manhattan financial firm Morgan Stanley with a group of black and Latino financial advisors in its global wealth-
Three California women initiated the lawsuit on behalf of 1,300 workers, claiming that white male branch managers steered business to white male brokers.
Without admitting wrongdoing, Morgan Stanley also agreed to provide diversity training to managers.
Note: Discrimination doesn’t have to be intentional. Conduct periodic audits of your hiring, firing, promotion and decisions to see whether they tend to favor one group over another.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- $108,000 OSHA penalty for manufacturing company
- No exit in Brooklyn: Locked doors mean OSHA fine
- Tell bosses: Absolutely no comments on ethnicity
- Can we refuse to consider rehiring a job applicant who we previously terminated?