1. If a state has an employment law that’s similar to federal law, employers should comply only with the state law.
2. The U.S. Treasury Department last month announced the national launch of a simple retirement saving plan option. Its name?
3. What are the top three reasons that stop applicants from taking a job offer, in order?
a. Schedule, pay, little advancement
b. Bad boss, pay, schedule
c. Pay, schedule, little advancement
4. In 2015, employees’ salaries rose 3.0%, on average. How is that projected to change in 2016, according to several recent salary surveys?
a. Increase slightly
b. Decrease slightly
c. Remain at 3.0%
5. The U.S. Supreme Court agreed last month to reconsider what Affordable Care Act mandate?
a. Employer provided coverage
b. Coverage for birth control
c. Coverage for dental/vision
Sources: 1. U.S. Department of Labor; 2. U.S. Treasury Department; 3. Express Employment Professionals survey; 4. WorldatWork, Mercer, Hay Group; 5. The HR Law Weekly.
Answers: 1. b (comply with the law that most favors the employee) 2. a 3. c 4. a 5. b