Applicants and current employees agree on the three top factors that make them say “No thanks, bye-bye” to a job.
A survey by the Express Employment Professionals personnel agency found that substandard pay, inconvenient schedules and lack of advancement opportunities were the leading reasons why applicants would turn down a job offer and why current employees would look for work elsewhere.
What stops applicants from accepting a job?
Little advancement opportunity 28%
Transportation issues 19%
Bad boss 13%
What makes employees want to leave their current jobs?
Little advancement opportunity 32%
Bad boss 29%
Source: Express Employment Professionals survey.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When employee keeps our property, can we deduct from the last paycheck?
- California Supreme Court rules on handling meal and rest periods
- New tax law delivers savings--and benefits changes--that affect HR
- Call lawyer about new accommodation class