Title VII of the Civil Rights Act requires employers to maintain records that may indicate what impact, if any, hiring procedures have on minority applicants.
The EEOC claims that the company conductsand criminal background assessments in its hiring procedures. However, it does not maintain records to measure the minority impact of the .
Note: The EEOC is looking into institutional bias against minorities and is making sure companies are monitoring their hiring procedures to ensure they don’t inadvertently filter out minorities.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 'Pig' kept right on working; hospital going straight to court
- What should we do? An employee says one of our clients harassed her
- In harassment cases, consider transfer to cut risk of continuing liability
- Take steps to reduce your liability for co-Worker retaliation