Employers that are required to complete an OSHA Form 300 (Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses) must start using a newly revised form Jan. 1.
The form includes several changes, including a new hearing-loss column and a more clear-cut formula for calculating injury-incidence rates. Use the current form until Dec. 31.
Employers aren't required to complete Form 300 if they have fewer than 10 workers or if they're in specific low-hazard retail, service, fi-nance or insurance industries. You can print copies of the 2003 or 2004 forms at www.osha.gov/recordkeeping/ RKforms.html or call OSHA at (202) 693-1888 to request the new form.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 'Make work' accommodation may backfire
- After discrimination complaint, be sure to document any potential disciplinary moves
- When crafting arbitration agreements, consider effect of PAGA on class actions
- Employers, employees affected as Illinois adopts smoking ban