1. The salary level proposed by the DOL above which “highly compensated” employees would not be eligible for overtime pay:
2. What’s the number one violation on the 2015 list of employers’ top 10 OSHA safety violations?
a. Fall protection standards
b. Scaffolding violations
c. Electrical wiring methods
3. The federal government recently encouraged its HR people and hiring managers to stop using what criteria in setting new employees’ salaries:
a. Education levels
b. Past salary histories
4. The last time significant changes were made to the federal:
5. In its big Browning-Ferris ruling this summer, the National Labor Relations Board expanded the definition of:
b. Independent contractors
c. A ‘joint employer’
Sources: 1. U.S. Department of Labor; 2. OSHA; 3. TheHRSpecialist.com; 4. U.S. Department of Labor; 5. TheHRSpecialist.com/browning.
Answers: 1. c 2. a 3. b 4. c 5. c