The U.S. Labor Department has published proposed
These are the first proposed changes to the existing regulations since the FMLA was passed in 1993. The department is inviting interested parties to comment on the proposed regulations, including the amendments to the FMLA. The deadline for comments is April 11, 2008.
Proposed changes to the existing rules
The Labor Department’s proposal contains an extensive discussion of the existing regulations, offers a number of substantive changes and invites comments on many other provisions. The three areas of greatest concern to employers are: the definition of a serious health condition; the use of unscheduled, (register to read more); and the medical certification process....
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Extra leave under MPLA subject to employer approval
- Can we deduct personal leave for exempt worker's partial-day absence?
- Concurrently running FMLA leave, vacation time and short-Term disability
- Employee won't give up FMLA info? That may be willful misconduct