The U.S. Labor Department has published proposed
These are the first proposed changes to the existing regulations since the FMLA was passed in 1993. The department is inviting interested parties to comment on the proposed regulations, including the amendments to the FMLA. The deadline for comments is April 11, 2008.
Proposed changes to the existing rules
The Labor Department’s proposal contains an extensive discussion of the existing regulations, offers a number of substantive changes and invites comments on many other provisions. The three areas of greatest concern to employers are: the definition of a serious health condition; the use of unscheduled, (register to read more); and the medical certification process....
- Tell supervisors: Brief contact is OK, but never badger employee out on FMLA leave
- Blue Mondays? Thwart Attempt at 3-Day Weekends
- FMLA leave inconvenient? Too bad! That's no excuse for termination
- You have the go-ahead: Fire employee if you discover problems during FMLA leave
- Used all the official FMLA forms? 3rd Circuit says that may not be enough