The U.S. Labor Department has published proposed
These are the first proposed changes to the existing regulations since the FMLA was passed in 1993. The department is inviting interested parties to comment on the proposed regulations, including the amendments to the FMLA. The deadline for comments is April 11, 2008.
Proposed changes to the existing rules
The Labor Department’s proposal contains an extensive discussion of the existing regulations, offers a number of substantive changes and invites comments on many other provisions. The three areas of greatest concern to employers are: the definition of a serious health condition; the use of unscheduled, (register to read more); and the medical certification process....
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Firing Guard or Reserve member? Better show you would have taken action despite service
- Request accommodations info after FMLA leave expires
- No individual liability under FMLA for public employers
- FMLA in a Nutshell: How to Comply With the Family and Medical Leave Act