Most people think only of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn when the subject of social media comes up, but don’t forget that blogs fall into that category, too. A well-written blog offers you a format to share information and receive feedback from readers.
In fact, the level of engagement can be much higher with a blog than other forms of social media because followers become invested in the content. Boost reader engagement by following these tips:
• Do your research. Adding factual information, statistics, and quotes from experts—rather than offering only your personal thoughts—builds your blog’s credibility.
• Make it personal. While you want to offer more than your own opinions, don’t be afraid to infuse every post with your personality. Share your personal stories, ideas and beliefs as they relate to the rest of the content. Readers will connect with you and want to continue to read your blog.
• Vary your format. Traditionally, blogs are text heavy with one or more images sprinkled in for visual interest. While you should definitely include pieces like that, also mix in short
“listicles,” infographics, slide shares and videos to draw in those people who are unlikely to read a full post or who want a more visual experience.
• Write for your audience. Don’t be too high-brow for your average reader. However, if you’re writing for highly knowledgeable readers, write up to their level so you don’t bore them.
— Adapted from “16 Ways to Engage Your Blog Readers,” Prasanna Bidkar, Business 2 Community, www.business2community.com.
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette No matches