Even in an era when political discourse is perpetually polarized, almost 90% of Americans agree that the federal government should do more to bolster the capabilities of U.S. workers.
A Gallup poll released in September found the broad support for government efforts to improve the “knowledge or skills people develop or obtain through education, work or other life experiences.”
Asked to state how much they agreed with the statement “The federal government should make it a high priority to increase the talent of our nation’s workforce,” 1,010 adults said they:
Strongly agree 66%
Somewhat agree 21%
Somewhat disagree 5%
Strongly disagree 6%
No opinion 2%
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- You can now get HR certification credits for blogging
- What would you do? Employee claims harassment but won't identify alleged culprit
- Of course you have an anti-harassment policy; now make sure all your employees can use it
- What office supplies do your employees usually swipe?