1. A recent $600K fine against a California employer was the largest ever for:
a. Failing to keep injury logs
b. I-9 paperwork violations
c. Failing to submit new-hire paperwork to state
2. What percentage of employees say their employer provides a safe place to work?
3. A new LinkedIn survey says the top reason that people leave their employers is:
a. Lack of career advancement potential
b. Dissatisfaction with pay, benefits
c. Dissatisfaction with boss,
4. What’s the No. 1 reason people give for not completing online job applications?
a. Application is too long
b. Links not working
c. Directions too confusing
5. A new SEC rule says public companies must disclose:
a. the ratio of CEO compensation to average employee’s pay
b. the change in their CEO compensation in past 10 years
c. the ratio of pay for male execs vs. female execs
Sources: 1. TheHRSpecialist.com; 2. Career Builder.com survey; 3. LinkedIn survey; 4. CareerBuilder.com survey; 5. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Answers: 1. b 2. c 3. a 4. b 5. a
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Few bosses talk politics, but some twist employees' arms
- Warn managers: Don't mention FMLA during discussion about discharge
- When an abusive supervisor is equally intolerable to everyone, is it harassment?
- You can insist on investigation confidentiality