David Colby, former chief financial officer of WellPoint Inc., of Indianapolis, has plummeted from top dog to hound dog since being fired last spring for misconduct “of a nonbusiness nature.”
The precise nature of that nonbusiness conduct has slowly emerged as dozens of women around the country have come forward saying Colby romanced them, made extravagant promises and then dumped them. Several were apparently engaged to him simultaneously, despite the fact that Colby was married.
While one of his accusers was a WellPoint underling, Colby has thus far escaped sexual harassment charges.
- Clarify contract status by separating arbitration clause from job application
- Documentation key to stopping that 2nd suit!
- Court: Just 3 days of harassment can indeed create a hostile work environment
- Workers hired through temp service? Normal anti-discrimination rules still apply
- Court nixes 'sham' job-offer argument