David Colby, former chief financial officer of WellPoint Inc., of Indianapolis, has plummeted from top dog to hound dog since being fired last spring for misconduct “of a nonbusiness nature.”
The precise nature of that nonbusiness conduct has slowly emerged as dozens of women around the country have come forward saying Colby romanced them, made extravagant promises and then dumped them. Several were apparently engaged to him simultaneously, despite the fact that Colby was married.
While one of his accusers was a WellPoint underling, Colby has thus far escaped sexual harassment charges.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Paying women less, hoping for the best is recipe for Equal Pay Act disaster
- AW North Carolina offers early-outs to entire staff
- Racism, bias allegations roil Texas Parks and Wildlife
- Women: Holiday Inn manager expressed himself inappropriately