As U.S. senators, front-running presidential candidates Hillary Clinton, John McCain and Barack Obama each earn $169,300 per year. But what if pay rates in the Senate reflected demographic realities of the modern American work force?
Then Clinton would make $130,361 a year, while Obama would earn $125,282.
As Americans survey a presidential field that includes either a woman or a black man running against a white man who has adopted an Asian child, it may seem that the country has finally put racial issues behind it.
Yet, 40 years after passage of the Civil Rights Act, women and minorities still do not reach positions in the same numbers as white men. Their salaries consistently lag far behind white men. And even in an era when women have achieved educational parity with men, they're finding those degrees are worth less than those earned by men.
American business as a whole is begging for a civil rig...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Giving employee the Sabbath day off: When is it an 'undue hardship'?
- You can suggest FMLA leave without triggering ADA liability
- Control your time in 2008; don't let it control you
- The whole truth: Discrimination costs Philips Lighting $164,850