Monmouth County does not have to dish up the details of its settlement with traffic engineer Carol Melnick over sexual harassment charges, State Superior Court Judge Jamie Perri has ruled. The Asbury Park Press and open-government advocate John Paff both sued the county requesting access to records of the settlement under the state Open Public Records Act.
Perri ruled that the common law expectation of privacy overrides the public’s right to information and allows an exception for sexual harassment cases.
- FGCU settles age discrimination case
- Shopper's Vineyard settles race discrimination suit
- Employee making threats? Know how to legally handle explosive situation
- Must we allow an employee's 'representative' to sit in on investigative meetings?
- Appeals court to lower courts: Consider NYC claims separately