Monmouth County does not have to dish up the details of its settlement with traffic engineer Carol Melnick over sexual harassment charges, State Superior Court Judge Jamie Perri has ruled. The Asbury Park Press and open-government advocate John Paff both sued the county requesting access to records of the settlement under the state Open Public Records Act.
Perri ruled that the common law expectation of privacy overrides the public’s right to information and allows an exception for sexual harassment cases.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Coddle repeat harasser at your own risk--you could be courting huge penalties
- Detailed disciplinary records show you're not biased
- Savannah's Berkow dropped from LAPD sex-Discrimination suit
- Are we vulnerable to reverse discrimination claims because of our 'early out' program?