Q. A recently discharged employee exceeded his monthly allotment of minutes for personal calls on his company-issued cell phone. Can we recoup the cost of these extra minutes by withholding the amount from his paycheck?
A. You must have written authorization from the employee before withholding money from his paycheck.
- New House bill: 5 paid sick days to workers sent home for H1N1
- Former employees take big bite out of Texas Dental Association
- Fire at will: The last straw doesn't have to be the same for all employees
- Require everyone to report harassment—you'll be justified firing those who don't
- Don't tolerate argumentative and disruptive worker