Getting reimbursed for terminated employees’ personal calls

by on
in Firing,Human Resources

Q. A recently discharged employee exceeded his monthly allotment of minutes for personal calls on his company-issued cell phone. Can we recoup the cost of these extra minutes by withholding the amount from his paycheck?

A. You must have written authorization from the employee before withholding money from his paycheck. 

Leave a Comment