Q. A recently discharged employee exceeded his monthly allotment of minutes for personal calls on his company-issued cell phone. Can we recoup the cost of these extra minutes by withholding the amount from his paycheck?
A. You must have written authorization from the employee before withholding money from his paycheck.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Sears pays $6.2 million in record-setting ADA class-action settlement case
- Attendance policies: Control absenteeism without breaking the law
- Consult lawyer before firing returning service member
- Handle criminal inquiry with care, sensitivity