Q. A recently discharged employee exceeded his monthly allotment of minutes for personal calls on his company-issued cell phone. Can we recoup the cost of these extra minutes by withholding the amount from his paycheck?
A. You must have written authorization from the employee before withholding money from his paycheck.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/4436/getting-reimbursed-for-terminated-employees-personal-calls "
- When bullying hits workforce, expect legal fallout
- What's an ADA disability?.... And nine more questions you'd better be able to answer
- Beware suspicious timing when taking action against employee undergoing medical treatment
- Can you fire a poor performer who's on FMLA leave?
- Keep age out of mix when deciding who gets education benefits