1. How many states have laws that prohibit employers’ access to employee social media accounts?
2. What are the top three most dangerous jobs in America, in order?
a. Loggers, fishermen, pilots
b. Construction workers, pilots, loggers
c. Truck drivers, roofers, fishermen
3. The U.S. Supreme Court’s approval of same-sex marriage nationwide is causing many employers to drop which benefit?
a. Life insurance
b. Domestic partner benefits
c. Paid jury duty leave
4. The majority of male employees prefer an office temperature of 70 or below. What temperature do the majority of female employees prefer?
a. Above 70
b. Below 70
5. Netflix grabbed headlines last month by offering employees which unique benefit?
a. Up to one year of paid leave for new parents
b. One year of paid leave after 10 years of service
c. Paid college tuition for one child per employee
Sources: 1. SHRM; 2. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics; 3. TheHRSpecialist.com; 4. OpenWorks survey; 5. TheHRSpecialist.com.
Answers: 1. b 2. a 3. b 4. a 5. a