1. What three things (in order) do HR people say are the biggest productivity killers in their workplaces?
a. The Internet, smartphones, smoke breaks
b. The Internet, noisy co-workers, gossip
c. Smartphones, the Internet, gossip
2. A recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling raises the lawsuit risk for employers’ lax oversight of:
a. Office safety
b. 401(k) investments
c. I-9 documentation
3. During which part of the week does the highest percentage of employees say they feel energized and productive?
a. Start of the week
b. Middle of the week
c. End of the week
4. What are the top two reasons (in order) employees say they’re jumping to other employers in 2015?
a. Better benefits, higher pay
b. More meaningful work, better benefits
c. Higher pay, career advancement
5. What percentage of managers say their workers are less productive in the summer?
6. Percentage of U.S. employees who have a disability that’s protected under the ADA:
Sources: 1. CareerBuilder survey ; 2. www.theHRSpecialist.com/SC401k; 3. Ipsos Public Affairs survey; 4. Society for Human Resourcesurvey, April; 5. CareerBuilder survey; 6. U.S. Census Bureau report.
Answers: 1. c 2. b 3. a 4. c 5. a 6. b
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employees have to pick: ADA or state disability discrimination law
- Asking for a Raise: 10 Tips for Making Your Pitch
- Remind managers to note disability disclosures
- Boss put foot in mouth? Consider settling—and protecting against future suits